The following Terms & Conditions "Agreement" contains the terms and conditions agreed upon by the Customer for New England Student Services ("NESS") to provide secure movement and storage of personal items within the State of Rhode Island. New England Student Services reserves the right to amend any portion of this Agreement at any time. Please see www.nestudent services.com for the most up to date service Agreement or email us at email@example.com to request a hard copy.
1. Safe Packaging: Safely packaging items is the sole responsibility of the Customer. Please remember if you cannot lift a box then our employees cannot lift it either. A guide for packaging your items safely can be found on our website at www.nestudentservices.com.
2. Service: Services provided by NESS include the pickup, storage, and delivery of the Customer's possessions including transportation to and from our secure storage facility. The Customer is responsible for packaging all personal items appropriately and having them available for pickup at the scheduled time. NESS will store the items and return them to the Customer's new address during a pre-determined time slot agreed upon by NESS and the Customer. The time slot for delivery will be determined by the school's semester schedule and the dormitory move in schedule. Customer must be present or have an agreed upon representative present to receive all items at the specified delivery date, time and location. NESS will not leave items unless the Customer or prior arranged representative is present. NESS is not liable for damages to their belongings after delivery has occurred.
3. Stored Items & Restrictions: NESS has the right to refuse storage of any items, or open or inspect any items at any time and for any reason at their sole discretion. Restricted items include but are not limited to: flammable liquids of any type, toxic or hazardous materials, illegal substances, drug paraphernalia, firearms, food, cash, perishable items, any single item deemed irreplaceable or valued at more than $500, or any items prohibited by law in any state or local government within the United States. The Customer accepts full responsibility and liability for any damages or losses that result from failure to adhere to these restrictions.
4. Storage: The Customer acknowledges that all items will be stored in a secure facility and that access to the stored items requires a 10 day notice and will be subject to a non-refundable fee. The non-refundable fee can be found in section 7 of this form or in the pricing section on our website at www.nestudentservices.com. Early delivery requests outside the normal delivery window or requests to ship stored items outside the normal window will be subject to additional fees found in section 7 of this form. If the Customer would like their items stored for multiple storage periods, the request must be made 10 days prior to the scheduled delivery date to avoid being subject to additional fees.
5. Packaging Materials: The Customer will select a date and time to have all requested packaging materials dropped off to their dorm after signing up for services from NESS. Students may request additional packaging materials at this time and will be charged the standard material fees found on the pricing sheet. Packaging material drop off dates are typically one to two weeks before finals.
6. Pick-Up and Delivery: The Customer will select a date and time from a list of available options for pick-up of items to be stored with NESS. Any changes to the scheduled pick-up or delivery date, time, or location must be made 10 days prior to the originally scheduled time. Any late changes made without 10 days prior notice are not guaranteed.
7. Additional Pricing & Fees: The Customer agrees to pay the total cost of services requested and supplied by NESS at the time of order, via a valid credit card or PayPal account. The Customer also agrees to pay any additional applicable fees incurred during the service Agreement. Refunds will only be given if NESS is unable to perform the agreed upon services for the Customer for any reason other than the Customer's request to void the contract. NESS may charge the Customer's credit card or PayPal account for any outstanding fees before delivery of the Customer's belongings and reserves the right to hold the Customer's possessions until all payments have been received in full. NESS may refuse to deliver the Customer's parcels until the account balance is paid in full. Additional fees include but are not limited to: a. Summer Access or Pick-up of Stored Items: $75.00 b. Re-Delivery or Pick-Up After Failed Attempt: $50.00 c. Pick-up or Delivery Outside Standard Dates: $150 d. Late Change of Delivery Day or Location: $25.00
8. Insurance & Liability: Each item stored with NESS is insured for $100. Boxed / packaged items are insured at $100 for the contents of the box. Insurance is in effect from the time of pick-up until the time the items are dropped off to the Customer. The Customer recognizes that only loss or damage caused by the negligence of NESS will be covered by the insurance policy. Only physical damage to the exterior of the item at the time of delivery will qualify for an insurance claim. a. This contract is accepted subject to delays or damages caused by the elements, street traffic, elevator service, acts of God, or any other causes beyond the control of NESS. b. NESS is not responsible for damage to any fragile items that were not packaged appropriately at the time of pick-up. NESS is not responsible for the electrical or mechanical functioning of any items. c. NESS is not responsible for damages caused by deterioration, rust, changes in temperature, insects or other causes outside the control of NESS. d. Before making an insurance claim with NESS, the Customer must exhaust any applicable personal insurance policies. e. To initiate an insurance claim, the Customer must request a claim form from NESS within 3 days of delivery or NESS has the right to deny the claim. f. If NESS determines that a claim is valid, NESS will pay the Customer the lowest of the following: i. The cost of replacing or fixing the item or ii. The amount of insurance on the parcel
9. Abandonment: The Customer agrees that their failure to be present at the scheduled delivery day and time and their failure to communicate an alternate delivery arrangement with NESS constitutes abandonment of their stored possessions. By abandoning their possessions, the Customer agrees to pay NESS for all fees relating to the failed delivery and shipping of the possessions to the permanent address provided by the Customer at the time of registration. NESS has the right to assume ownership of the abandoned property after failed communication between the Customer and NESS within 30 days of the scheduled delivery date.
10. Shipping: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote. Please include your name, the items you would like shipped, estimated weights for each item, and a shipping address for a quote.
11. Rights: This Agreement shall be governed and interpreted according to the law of the State of Rhode Island. The Customer agrees that any court action pertaining to this Agreement shall be conducted in courts in the State of Rhode Island. The Customer waives any claims for loss or damage of any article against New England Student Services and its employees for any reason except those specifically stated in this Agreement. The Customer releases liability from New England Student Services and its employees and agents to be held accountable for any and all costs of processing claims or defending any claim arising from this Agreement. The Customer waives the right to hold NESS to any laws or standards governing professional moving, storage, or common carrier companies. A written amendment signed by both parties (NESS and the Customer) may only amend this Agreement.